Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm interested in a switch setup for trout. I'd like to try to spey cast a nymphing rig as well as streamers. At the minimum, it would be good spey practice so I can take more advantage of those few days when I look for steelhead. Let me know if you have something which is functional but not too high end. I'd ideally purchase a rod/reel/and line+backing but I'll think about anything. Thanks!

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
I built up the batson Rainshadow 10'8" switch rod in 5 wt.

Great fun with a Wullf Ambush 5wt line.

LOL cant have mine but the kit including blank and fittings set me back about 130 and its fun building em up yourself

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a Beulah 4/5 switch. 10'6", 4 piece. Would come with a sock and tube which are factory. I also have a 275 grain skagit compact that works well with it. I have been thinking about selling Just haven't. I don't like to get rid of rods. I just don't use it very often. Let me know if interested we can work out details. Also have a Bauer jm4 reel with extra spool that balances real well with this rod. Thanks, James caldwell

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a TFO Professional series 5110-4 I listed a couple days ago for $150. It has a tube and sock, and I've got a running line I'd throw in. It feels good to me with an Airflo Skagit Switch with tips to 10' of T-11, and a Rio AFS 4/5. I'll be driving through Boise on the 13th, but would be happy to ship it for that amount as well if you're interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just listed a 6 wt tfo switch with running line two heads and a sink tip for 375.
might be a little wiggle room in the price. all you would need would be the reel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts