Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 4" leftie perfect. Any information that you may provide would be helpful. I had one in my grasp, but like smoke, it slipped through my fingers. Aaarrg!

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Perfect?

Which period reel?

If you're okay with the MKIIs (pre or post-war) they're easily convertible to LHW.

Good luck!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect

Thanks for the info, but I'm trying the satisfy the needs of a purist. I'm sure many folks on this site understand that...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I was under the impression that they made few if any older left hand perfects. That would mean you would have to find a limited edition reproduction reel. What's purist about that?IMHO,not as pure as an early 1900 gunmetal finish with patina and character.Not sure what you are looking for in terms of age. Just curious,cause I have been looking at most perfect salmon's that come for sale on ebay for a few of years and do not remember seeing any. Some may have claimed they were.I think I saw one[Taupo] once in Jim Adam's catalog that was a left[should have grabbed it]. I have seen new limited editions in Jim's catalog. I bought one spitfire repro 3 3/4 that is designed for left. I am not an expert. There are some members on this site that are and would know probability of finding what you are looking for.

Beau

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hardys did make a few and I have sold at least two they command at least twice what a normal perfect fetches.

BEWARE there are a few forgeries out there. The commenest trick is to put a line guard on the arse of the reel making it look like a LHW but they are easy to tell apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts