Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy cork pads for Hardy Husky drag system. I think that all the silent disk drag are the same. They are no longer available from Hardy. If you got some let me know.

Regards Troy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ask your local Hardy dealer

I wasn't happy with the spring strength of my Bougle so i asked my local fly shop if there were stronger springs available (like to MKIV) few days later i had "extra strong" springs no charge. The fellows at Hardy USA are fantastic as well as my local fly shop, I'm glad i didn't buy the reel online.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken at Hardy USA said they were no longer available. The drag still works however it is at the end of it adjustment so I wanted a spare set rather then send them away for replacement. I am hoping that somebody has a set squirreled away that they would like to part with.

Troy

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello..Troy,do you have the version with adjuster in black plastic?? If so,there´s a little screw in it. Undo about two turns. Now you can carefully,and slowly,pry off the adjuster. Try the adjuster,you can now find a new setting for it. Most simple is to pry off the adjuster at max "brake" position,now do not touch the adjusting arbor,(in nickelsilver)!! Reset the plastic knob so it sits in "minimum" position. If you´ve done this right,you old "max" becomes "minimum",and turn the knob to feel your new "max". I hope this can be understood.
I´m afraid,if you´ve already done this,and you´re out of adjustment possibilities,it only remain to make yourself of new pair of pads. I could possibly have material which very much resembles the original.. Good luck yours borano20

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Borano,
I already adjusted it and it is at the end of adjustment. I will keep looking for a spare set and if that don't work I will get the cork replaced. Thanks

Troy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts