Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a spare spool for a Hardy St.John Mk2. I hope someone has one they can sell. Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Extra Spool for St. John MK 2

Unfortunately, I can't offer to sell you an extra spool. I may be able to put you in touch with some one who likely will have one. You very well may know much more about older Hardy reels than I do but I learned the hard way that not all St. John spools are interchangeable. I have purchased two St. Johns from a seller on Ebay. He was very helpful and very knowledgeable. His Ebay user name is fisherjohnsr. He has a St. John for sale on Ebay right now (extend me the courtesy of not bidding on it as I am trying to help you with your quest for a spare spool lol). He seems particularly knowledgeable about St. Johns and is likely to have a spare spool you can buy. I hope this helps.

Robert

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert, Yes I heard the older St.Johns with the brass rivets that are marked St. John 3 7/8 are different from the spools marked St.John MK2. I have the MK2 version. Thanks again. I have just been contacted by someone here on the forum that may have what I need. Thanks for the info because I am far from knowledgeable when it comes to Hardy reels. Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts