Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since no retail rod makers seem to be making glass two handers, I’m hoping to find a 3106, 4108, 7126, or 8130.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thanks much.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Akertesz,

Good luck.

I just pounded the inet pavement flat over the past month with almost no success -- til last week when I got one here close to what I wanted. Folks seem to holding on to them.

Also you will find very few custom rod makers who are making glass spey/switch rods. I have one such project underway.

I did find one screwy site in China that offered the ECHO glass rods at a ridiculously cheap NIB price but then they wanted to charge the moon and all for the shipping. Beware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’ve seen that site as well, I assumed it wasn’t legit.

I figured leaving a post up on here was the only solution - maybe someone will see it and the stars will align. I’m not in a hurry.

cheers.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 7126 I’d be willing to part with. Trouble is, the bottom two pieces are fused together. I’ve literally tried everything to get them apart, to no avail. Echo says to just break it and mail it back under warranty (I have the emails to back this up). I just haven’t gotten around to it.
I’d sell and ship, but not sure it’d be worth it. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Echo glass rods are pretty sweet and offered at a decent price but like DOB said folks seem to hang onto them. Have you considered an Epic? I know its at the other end of the price spectrum but holy cow do they make some nice fiberglass rods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are still a few places that manufacture blanks.
CTS will roll them, but I don't know the lead time.

Mike McFarland has a few blanks in stock, and if you contact him, he will most likey build it out. If he won't Shane Gray at Graywolf Rods in Michigan will.

The other glass switch/spey blanks/rods that have been discontinued
Echo
Epic DH11
James Green
Scott Fiberhammer (these don't seem to come up often)
Seele, (this is part of the lineage of the McFarland blank, McFarland was one of the owners of Seele)

I have a McFarland blank (I need to get it built out) an Epic DH11 (which was listed as a 7wt but is more of an 8wt).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts