Anyone know someone, somewhere who might have one of these they want to
sell.
Any condition.
Thank you

·
Registered
509 Posts
Kazuta

I remember asking the CND North America guy about this rod last year and he talked to Nobuo Nodera about these. Nobuo said that all the available blanks had been tied up and sold. You might find one used in europe/russia/japan but my understanding was that they were never distributed in North America. Kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Good luck,
Tom

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understand, already talked to the Japanese contact and kush here in the us, some time ago, almost impossible find, just on my list , along with the Meiser. so I just keep looking around for used ones.
Love the long 5's just fun making long cast and swinging stuff, in trout waters.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Kazuta

I don't know what you budget or level of desire is but I should think Meiz is still making the 15'9" higlander 4/5/6 if you want to go that route. Or you could talk to Gene Oswald of Bruce&Walker North America about a custom rolled rod.
We worked together last year with Brian Potter, the head engineer/manager at their factory in England, and came up with a beautiful 17' 6/7wt 'Walker" light line version rod. They can build just about anything you want if you want to put the time and effort into it. Very, very, fun to cast and fish all day with little effort. Something to think about.
I think my own search for a "kazuta" rod led me down the road to the 17' light line series Walker...
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts