Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Chinook rod

Echo TR 9140 4piece King Rod used on 1 trip to the Kanektoc river in Alaska 2 years ago.--its in excellent + condition with no dings, scratches etc.--I used an Airflow 690gr Skagit Compact INTERMEDIATE 25ft head.--After trying several heads, the 690 was "spot-on" for my casting style.---Grain window is 630-750----An awesome stick as a primary or backup for big kings.---email me for more pictures if needed---$150 for rod, + $25 for the head if wanted?--FREE shipping and PayPal fees in CUSA

Bill Abshagen
Durango, Colorado

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
WOW!----My BAD!---I neglected to notice where you are located.---It sounds like an expensive and time consuming journey to ship the rod to you in Russia.---Probably not in the cards!

Bill

·
Registered
693 Posts
FYI,

The Grey's G-Tec that I offered is a 9# and just because I threw a Rage 540 with it as I much prefer lighter heads, the actual Grain window on the rod is according to Rio is 550-600 scandi, 520-580 skagit
Could easily go to 600gr and slightly above as the rod has tons of power.

If you really want to be in the 700 range, then ask for a 10#.

I am willing to ship to Russia at your expense, but you knew the expense would be yours buying anything from the Americas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have Meiser 9/10 13'6 MKS and use it with 660-700grain skagit.
But I need spare rods in this range of casting weight.
Rods like Sage One 10130, Echo King 9130, Burkheimer 9 or 10 weight,
another Meiser, maybe something another...
Evgeniy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Evegeny,

Looks like you have a good many choices for a king rod. Here is another one for you to consider:

I have a Loomis RoaringRiver GLX Dredger 14' 9/10 spey rod, including factory sock and tube. The grain weight label on the rod is 650 grains. Everything is in like new condition. The better descriptive word is "immaculate." I am the second owner as it was previously owned by an individual in Montana who used it once. I bought it to use for kings in Alaska and British Columbia. As it turns out, I also ended up buying a Loomis NRX 9' 14' 9/10 wt 4pc spey rod, never assembled the GLX to even practice cast it and have decided I don't just need my it. It never left my home. It is in wonderful condition - clean, unmarked cork, no scratches or nicks, no wear marks on the reel seat, guides are perfect and ferrules are tight. It has had great reviews. My plan was to sell it in the spring ($395 usd, inc. shipping) when folks are starting to plan for their king trips. (It originally retailed for $925.) However, I just noticed your SpeyPages classified ad. I know you want a 13' or 13.5' stick, but, if my GLX could work for you, I can send photos. I expect to ship it in the US for less than $20 usd. But, I would have to add on any extra cost above $20 for shipping to Russia.

If you want to consider it, let me know. Good luck on your search.
John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts