Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Line Speed
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate between Burkie 8134-4, 7127-6, 7134-4 and a 7126 tcx I've decided to look for a 7134-4 vintage. If there is someone out there is parting with one please send me a pm, thank you. :smokin:

·
Line Speed
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you good sir! Have casted a tcx 7126, 7119, 9140 burkie 8134, meiser 11078, loomis 7/8 kispiox, dredger 6/7, 8/9 and few other rods in the journey to find the right action that suits my style of chucking skagit heads effortlessly with line speed. The tcx was just that, but the burkie had the action that I've been looking for as well as the length. Always liked the rods around the 13' mark and feel that the 7134 will be seeing the river more than any other rods in the quiver. :smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
You're Boat Floats on your choice. For summer run Steelhead this is one of my two 'on the Jeep' rods. Old design it may be, but the Puppy Hunts. The other is an Anderson (ACR).

Dead on fishing sticks.

fae

·
Line Speed
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your packing quite the ammunition :chuckle: I would like to solve the puzzle, is your ACR the 8133-3 on a burkie blank? :smokin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't forget to try the Burkie 8128-4 if you get a chance to. It's a nice rod for chucking the Skagit around and it's sweet with a Scandi.

·
Line Speed
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely! On the next spey clave we have here which I've missed out on the last two, would love to try out the whole line up of two handers that peek the interest and the burkies right now have halos above every single one of them :smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts