Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have one of these they are willing to part with? Prefer a Vintage but will entertain all.... I have a custom built Sage TCX 8119-4 and a 2015 clear/green Hatch Finatic 7 plus i would be willing to trade. The TCX has Loomis cork, ALPS triangle reel seat and REC guides with pearl wraps. Rod and reel are in excellent condition!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might trade my 7127 for an 8134... :grin2: I sure hope you find one as these are amazing sticks!
I've owned an 8152-4 and loved the feel but WAY too much rod for my locale. Got it as a tip guiding in AK.... How does your 7127-4 fight fish? whats the biggest fish you've tangled with? Little worried about putting it on coastal steelhead up to 20 pounds and don't want an 8 really. Most of our fish are in the 8-15lb class...

·
Registered
453 Posts
The 8128-4 is more a 7/8 (540 airflo skagit compact) and probably better suited for NorCal coastal streams than the 7127-4.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 8128-4 is more a 7/8 (540 airflo skagit compact) and probably better suited for NorCal coastal streams than the 7127-4.
Thanks brother, that's actually the first rod on my list. Having owned 7's and 8's and fishing this area my entire life I know the 8 is more suited for what I do. Just needed some questions answered about the burkies

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody have a 7127-4 they want to part with? Will trade my TCX 8119-4 and Hatch 7 plus with Rio 550gr Max Short head for one...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I seriously got to use mine for the first time on a Skeena trib for a week in November. While I never did land several Steelhead over 15 lbs they were at my feet when we lost them. This rod worked and worked well with a Rio Compact Skagit and all sorts of Teeny costom tips to get me in the ZONE. 13 Steelhead on in 5 days in low and clear water. while I am not into that short of a rod overall it did what I needed in waist high (leaking crotch) cold water. Yikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts