Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dom
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for this black tubbing that comes with older Deltas and some other Airflo lines. Thanks.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
would love to assist, but..... - this pvc tubing comes already strung onto Monteith (Airflo made) multi-tip lines, but the factory loop at the rear of the running line section prevents this tubing from being slid off & used on another line!

I don't use this tubing that comes with these lines, but I'm loath to snip off the rear factory loop to remove it, so it just sits at the rear of the running line section and only sees the light of day on very long casts. I use a Sharpie to mark the running line-head transition instead.

Mike

·
flailing less
489 Posts
You should be able to find some 1/16" polyolefin flexible heat shrink tubing at a decent electronics store near you. It will shrink by half to 1/32" (.0313"). After making your favorite loop, slide it down and heat it up. It is plenty flexible enough to release its memory on all but small arbor reels, and lasts a hell of a long time. It comes in black for sure, and sometimes other colors. Around $1.50/foot.

Alternatively, call Steve Godshall, he knows everything and where to get stuff I only daydream about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts