Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have an old Airflow Compact Scandi 420 gathering dust?----I need one to build up a new Skagit line for. My 4 Wt Trout Spey rod.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
420 Scandi Compact

Thanks for the offer, but the line will not work as modified!---I'll keep looking!

Bill

·
flailing less
490 Posts
[QUOTE: Airflow Compact Scandi 420...to build up a new Skagit line for. My 4 Wt Trout Spey rod.

Hi Bill,
Not trying to hijack the thread, but given the line profile of an Airflo compact scandi-- what length, grainage, and tip diameter do you hope to arrive at? I'm curious.

Respectfully,
Greg

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yoda,------I have decided to purchase the cut back Scandi Compact 420 line.
Offered here.

I have a friend who built a line using the Scandi Compact line cut back to 17.5 ft and weighing 330g----The line worked GREAT with a shooting Tip up to about 130g on my 11ft 4 wt Trout Spey Rod -----I will be using this line welded to an Airflow Ridge Running line and SWING FOR Trout here in Colorado.

Bill

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will buy line

Speysnaggedme,

I will purchase your cut-back Airflow Scandi Compact 420 line for $18 shipped to me in Colorado.----I sent you an email---PayPal?

Thanks,

Bill

·
flailing less
490 Posts
beatle. I have a friend who built a line using the Scandi Compact line cut back to 17.5 ft and weighing 330g----The line worked GREAT with a shooting Tip up to about 130g on my 11ft 4 wt Trout Spey Rod -----I will be using this line welded to an Airflow Ridge Running line and SWING FOR Trout here in Colorado. Bill[/QUOTE said:
Sounds very doable, thanks for the information. PM sent to you as well.
Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts