Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As the title states, I'm looking to buy a couple of cheap-ish back-up reels.

First would be a trout reel, click and pawl, for a 3wt rod. Would like to keep it under $75 CAD shipped. Would pay more if it had a 3wt line on it.

Second would be a click and pawl back up reel, akin to a Battenkill in the V (spey) size, or large JW young for my 14' 8wt spey rod. Would like to spend up to $150 CAD for this, but preferably less. Only interested in click and pawl reels, and will be giving Canadian sellers preference, only for shipping (read: duty) reasons.

Aesthetics don't matter much at this price point, but looking for something in good working order. Battenkills, Medalists (yes, I know, not c&p...), JW Young, etc...

Let's see whatcha got!

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts

Really nice JW Young 4” LANDEX anti-reverse click pawl.

JW Young Pridex Salmon reel.

PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
96 Posts
I Know you are looking for a less expensive reel than this but its One of the best out there at a Great Price
I Have a New in Box Hardy Duchess reel the 3. 250 " size great for 4-6 wt 3 1/4" Diameter For $265 **Shipped BRAND NEW**

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BudCrist, thank you for the offer on the Landex--I've received several offers on these, actually--but the anti-reverse is a deal breaker for me, however sexy those reels are.

Lumberyard...while yes, a great deal, I am in no position to fork out that kind of $ for a small trout reel, let alone a back up! My wife still reminds me of my $800 Bougle spey reel I bought a few years back :)

Everyone else, I'm still pondering the many offers I've received--thank you, and feel free to keep them coming! I'm most interested in the spey sized reel(s) for now.

Ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
BudCrist, thank you for the offer on the Landex--I've received several offers on these, actually--but the anti-reverse is a deal breaker for me, however sexy those reels are.

Lumberyard...while yes, a great deal, I am in no position to fork out that kind of $ for a small trout reel, let alone a back up! My wife still reminds me of my $800 Bougle spey reel I bought a few years back :)

Everyone else, I'm still pondering the many offers I've received--thank you, and feel free to keep them coming! I'm most interested in the spey sized reel(s) for now.

Ryan

They’re not for everyone. The Pridex is a nice wide spool reel in excellent condition. I also have a couple nice 4 inch Beaudex reels, but nothing with a wide spool.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also have a nice lightly used 1498 Medalist. Not sexy, but they have accounted for a lot of big fish in their day.

·
orcorhynchusmykissirideus
110 Posts
I have a 4” Hurricane Viscount... Barely a nick on it... 100% functioning condition reel.. adjustable rim mounted tension....$50 plus stamps..

C

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotten a lot of good offers, fellas. I appreciate them all. Still kind of mulling it over.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Another offer.

I have a JW young 1540 that isn’t seeing much use. It’s in near mint shape, $150 plus we split the stamps from Vancouver BC. I’ll send pics of it if you give me your email address. Cheers, Dillon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts