Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
skagitard with skagitude
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals,

First post here but been lurking for a while now and have already spent dozens of hours reading old threads on the whole 2 handed game. This forum is an amazing resource. Long story short, I have used a single hander my whole life but recently I cast my friends 2 hander (echo classic) and was pleasantly surprised with it. I am now wanting to get into the spey game. My only concerns are my serious budget constraints at the moment (saving up for an engagement ring) and the small chance that it just isn't for me in the long run and I have to take a financial hit reselling all the gear.

If I were to buy new it would be the Redington Dually for $225 and I would throw on an Echo Ion reel. I have no plans to spend more than that, and the reason I'm posting here is I'm wondering if any of you have a used backup or spare rod you would want to unload for less.

I am quite set on a 7wt as it is perfect for the rivers I fish up around Seattle for both summer and winter run chromers.

If you have any of the following used I would greatly appreciate a PM w/ an offer:
7wt echo, dually, or other beginner spey rod
Solid, entry level reel (ion, etc)
A skagit line would be nice, but I want a rod first to match a line.

I can use paypal, or cash and I can meet locally (within an hour or so drive of Seattle).

I would also consider trading my Nautilus NV-G 5/6 reel (black, left hand retrieve, w/ backing) for some nice offers. I know this reel retails for nearly $600, but I do absolutely love it (I'm pretty sure this 5/6 reel can handle kings) so I'd prefer to buy a setup with $$.

Thanks!

·
flailing less
490 Posts
Prowl the classifieds like a hungry dog hanging out under the dinner table--when a veteran with hundreds of postings lists a complete set-up in your pre-scouted wheelhouse, POUNCE!

Using this strategy, you should find something very suitable before spring. Save your Nautilus...

Greg

·
skagitard with skagitude
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prowl the classifieds like a hungry dog hanging out under the dinner table--when a veteran with hundreds of postings lists a complete set-up in your pre-scouted wheelhouse, POUNCE!

Using this strategy, you should find something very suitable before spring. Save your Nautilus...

Greg
Thanks for the reply, I will most certainly do that. I was just on the NF Stilly this past weekend. Love that water

1 - 4 of 4 Posts