Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
looking to buy 7 wt 12' to 13' skagit style rod and reel
pm me with any offers :)
There's no such thing as a "Skagit rod", nor a "Skagit reel" :rolleyes: - however, there are MANY rods out there that perform well using Skagit lines, & I'm sure that Poppy @ the Red Shed will be one of the guys to hook you up to suitable gear for your fishing needs.

Now, if you're looking for a Skagit Kilt™.......well I may be able to help :D:D:D

Mike

·
Registered
559 Posts
There's no such thing as a "Skagit rod", nor a "Skagit reel" :rolleyes: - however, there are MANY rods out there that perform well using Skagit lines, & I'm sure that Poppy @ the Red Shed will be one of the guys to hook you up to suitable gear for your fishing needs.

Now, if you're looking for a Skagit Kilt™.......well I may be able to help :D:D:D

Mike

I have seen Mike at Croke Park cheering on Waterford in the All Ireland Hurling Final whilst wearing his skagit kilt.....a good hot orange colour woven from pure seals fur wool with the finest Comeragh Mountain Goat (unbleached - in fact unwashed - lining...whilst singing " The Bould Thaddy Quill".
......The last lines of the chorus go:

"In all my days rovin' I've met none so jovial
As the Muskerry Ramblers and the Bould Skagiteers"

I wish I had a video clip so that you could share this...... this "spectacle"!:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
where are you in the great lakes? there are a number of great lakes shops that deal with spey stuff as well...likely one near you as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts