Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends: I've just finished outfitting my new Anderson 1368 for winter steelhead on the Oregon coastal rivers. Now I'm after a somewhat smaller rod to fish the North Umpqua, Klamath, and Rogue.

I've always wanted to own a Burkheimer 7127-4, 7134-4, or 7133-3. Likewise a Meiser of similar size.

Anyone cleaning out their closets over the holidays? Please send me a PM or Email. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
in the Burkheimer for the N. Umpqua as a summer rod i'd pick the 7134-4 followed very closely by the 7127-4 The 7133-3 though a spectacular dry line rod would be a better choice for for an all season rod.

·
Fly Away
94 Posts
North Umpqua Rod

On the North Umpqua I use a Sage One 6126. It's perfect with a Skandi setup either for skating dries or for subsurface presentations.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I recently picked up the old style burkie 7127 and I HIGHLY recommend this stick! It's throws a scandi 420 and I really couldn't think of a better summer rod for this area! If I were you I would consider holding out for one of these, just the right length for the NU imo too! Good luck with your search!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts