Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not very particular on brand. But im not interested in anything high end. Im budget rod shoping. Maybe someone has a used tfo deer creek or echo classic they have laying around since their upgrade. Looking for 6 or 7 wt in the 11 footish range.

Thanks All,

JB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for something $150idh range. Probably less then most would sell a rod for. Figured i would try...

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
What he said.

do you have a 9.5 - 10 foot rod? If so then you have a perfect switch rod already in your possession and can probably save your cash.
'Speys' down to 11' (glass no less by Steve Godshall) but if I need 'shorter,' and there are times you'll be fishing inches off your toes, my 7wt Sage XP is a total toot. Couple inches of handle below the reel is all I need to make that Puppy hunt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just sent payment to member for an echo. Thanks all. I do have a 10footers 41436295.. Wouldnt know how in the world to make it a 2 hander though.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
'Speys' down to 11' (glass no less by Steve Godshall) but if I need 'shorter,' and there are times you'll be fishing inches off your toes, my 7wt Sage XP is a total toot. Couple inches of handle below the reel is all I need to make that Puppy hunt.
Just sent payment to member for an echo. Thanks all. I do have a 10footers 41436295.. Wouldnt know how in the world to make it a 2 hander though.
Cool. Glad you found one.

I didn't mean (and should have mentioned) to make your 10'er into a two hander. Only to fish it just as is as a two hander. Fred knows best: Thumb and forefinger of your lower hand on the fighting butt, elbows in, nice and compact. The basics of spey casting apply just the same. I jumped off the switch-rod bandwagon years ago with a 7100 & 8100 RPL. First by doing a lot of hauling. Now I just cast them with both hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts