Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 6 or 7 wt Switch Rod in or around 11-12 ft.

If you have something that you think I may be interested in please do not hesitate to pm me. I will be staying away from casting Skagits unless something that you have really impresses me. I am not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks

·
flyfishbrown76
4 Posts
Just as a general "not looking to spend a fortune" spey/switch idea ... St. Croix has a nice Imperial Switch for USD 250 or so and Redington also has theirs at USD 349 I believe. I think Redington's Spey's are a bit more but from what I have read and heard, both the brands carry nice rods at a lower prcie-point. Redington also comes with a lifetime guarantee. I don't know if you would find a nice high-end Spey/Switch for under those that isn't a few years old and has some sweet wear & tear on it. Beulah also has quality sticks at about 100-200 or so more than what was mentioned above. Of course, everything depending on how much you want to invest and what your looking for. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To put things into perspective, these are the rods I was considering:

DEcho 6126
Loop Blue 7116
Winston B2X 6/7wt 12'6
Guideline LeCie 12667 MF
CND Solstice 13'4 6/7
Pieroway Metal Detector 510'
Loop Opti 6107-4 or 7107-4
Snowbee 10025 Diamond Spey 12' 6/7
T&T DH 1307-3

When I mentioned I didn't want to spend a fortune, I was meaning paying $500+++. I can handle used prices on any of these rods listed as long as they are in excellent condition.
If anyone has anything I may be interested in please give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
did you see the messier 5/6/7 11'7" listed here? it's right at the top of your price range and though it's not in your list it should probably be considered!

Brent

·
Registered
211 Posts
Would you consider a 10'6" #6 built on a 4pc, CTS switch rod blank??
Very - very sweet. I only do saltwater beach fishing and, while it does the job, I have designed beach specific blanks to take her place.
It is the top rod in pic.
Herb

Edit: I forgot - I also have a CTS switch in 11', but in a #8.

Attachments

·
Dom
3,050 Posts
dude, you want that ARC 1196, depending on the price of course. Its a very nice little rod, casts 425gr skagit and 350gr scandi with 10' versileaders nicely. My favorite rod so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts