Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Castaway
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a big reel to hold a big bunch'o'line. I'm looking for a large arbor 5.0+" diameter or a regular arbor 4.0-4.5" Also, it would help if the reel weights about 16-18oz.

A Tibor Pacific, Galvan Tournament T-16 or a Hardy Perfect 5 would be nice -- but I can't afford those kind of prices.

Right now my 4.5" LA has a Rio GrandSpey 10/11 on it and 15' of line and 15' of leader won't fit on the spool. I'm putting big 9/10/11 long belly spey and comp. lines on the reel plus (for now) 6oz. of 3/16" lead wire around the arbor to get the rod to balance (could be the lead wire is taking up a bit of room LOL).

Anyone got anything else or any recommendations? Or --if you want to make a semi-charitable sale of a used Tibor Pac (LOL).

·
Registered
90 Posts
LA Reel

Hello, I have two Orvis BLA VI (4.5" O.D.) One is brand new in the box with Orvis pouch etc., black. $150.00
The second is used (one time) Orvis BLA VI in excellent condition with the pouch, box etc. and the color is titanium. I'll leave the backing on it. Also have two extra spools (titanium) that are new in the box that go with it. I want $225.00 for reel and spools.
Send me your email and I'll take and send photos to you on request. my email is [email protected]

Thanks, Ray H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts