Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Creatchin'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As The Dude once said; "new sh-t has come to light man..."

Anyways I earlier posted I wished to buy a 4-1/4" reel, such is not the case I was mistaken. I am instead on the hunt for something more along the lines of 4" and 9-11 oz.

Cash, money order, paypal or ???

I'm open to anything old and new just no drags please, what do you have collecting dust?

Thank you.

33 Posts
4 inch hardy hercules

Hi I a have a 4 inch brass plate hardy from the early 1900, Hercules model . I had ARchuletta evaluate the reel, and he pronounced it sound.

It looks used but certainly for 100 years old not abused.
if you are interested I would be happy to send over pictures?

thinking in the 600.00 range , not sure if that in budget?

·
Creatchin'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would prefer to stay under $600 but it's an option if I fall in love. And at the same time if I like a $30 reel there is no shame in that at all. LHW preferred

Not too interested in old perfects, this is a fishing reel not something to talk about on the gravel bar. Old and quirky is cool drop me a PM and I will send you my email. Pics and prices appreciated... Thanks

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,363 Posts
Not too interested in old perfects, this is a fishing reel not something to talk about on the gravel bar.
Shaking my head at this one. Given that 90% of my fishing is with old Perfects and has been for 10 years or more, I must be missing something.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not too interested in old perfects, this is a fishing reel not something to talk about on the gravel bar. Old and quirky is cool drop me a PM and I will send you my email. Pics and prices appreciated... Thanks
I'm confused too. I thought Perfects WERE fishing reels....
I had one I thought you might be interested in, but I think I'll keep fishing with it...

·
Registered
251 Posts
UH OH...you done dissed the Perfect crowd :chuckle: Seriously though, after 125 years of catching fish, I think we could definitely consider the Perfect a fishing reel. :)

·
Creatchin'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy boys. Don't get too sandy. There are a lot of cool reels out there. For the life of me I cannot understand what compels a person to purchase a perfect for $1500. I find nothing remarkable about them personally and wonder if upon purchase I would find enlightenment?....but that is my opinion only which is close to useless. That is all. No harm meant boys. After all we are talking about fishing reels? Hopefully MY future reel?

All PMs replied to, thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sure play..,

Easy boys. Don't get too sandy. There are a lot of cool reels out there. For the life of me I cannot understand what compels a person to purchase a perfect for $1500. I find nothing remarkable about them personally and wonder if upon purchase I would find enlightenment?....but that is my opinion only which is close to useless. That is all. No harm meant boys. After all we are talking about fishing reels? Hopefully MY future reel?

You wanted a old perfect 4"; but don't want you fork out the $$$!...c'mon man

·
Banned
571 Posts

I understand your point completely. The fault lies not with the reel, but with those that judge you by the reel. In my neck of the woods we are afflicted by a group of anglers who think of themselves as being “more worthy”, and their assessment of the rest of us seems to be, in large part, based on the gear we use. If you fish with a Perfect, you are worthy. The older the Perfect the better. If your reel has a tweed bag, you might even be asked to join their worthy group. The reel is your choice, as you stated, and enjoy it.

·
Creatchin'
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the help boys, you guys have some really cool reels. If RHW didn't feel so alien reel shopping would be even easier :eek:

Golfy no drags for a steelhead reel. Hand to hand all the way.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks for all the help boys, you guys have some really cool reels. If RHW didn't feel so alien reel shopping would be even easier :eek:

Golfy no drags for a steelhead reel. Hand to hand all the way.
Go farlex then..or islander…ugly but a decent click..abels aren't bad if they have the beefed up spring…that's what was wrong with mine and I ditched it..

The other stuff is junk...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts