Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 3wt trout spey that will predominantly be used for swinging soft hackles on my local river this summer and fall.

Have seen some builds come up on here lately that have been absolutely stunning but I’ve been to slow on the trigger!

If you guys have anything let me know.

Ryan

·
Registered
Redington, OPST, G Loomis
34 Posts
Another thing to consider, which may be blasphemy here is converting a SH to “Micro Spey”. I’ve done one very crude but works and is pretty fun with an OPST head system. Now I end up with a trunk full of a quiver and days on the water get longer trying out different set ups.

·
Registered
Beulah switch rod, OPST micro spey w/ Marquis, Echo DH
42 Posts
I did the same last season, using an OPST Integrated on my standard SH trout rod, intentionally dipping into potentially buying a full rod later on. I had a great time in 2020, some of my most productive and fun days fishing in a long time. Then over winter I bought an OPST micro skagit 3wt for use with the same line, paired it with a vintage Marquis, and had it out on the water for the first time this weekend. Tons of fun, landing some very nice fish, and now I can continue to gain spey experience almost anywhere (and boy do I need it).

·
VIRTUTIS.GLORIA.MERCES
All things Cane ......
938 Posts
Hi Ryan ............ Have you considered a cane trout spey? Dave

·
VIRTUTIS.GLORIA.MERCES
All things Cane ......
938 Posts
Hi Ryan ...... just replied to you're pm. If there is anyone else out there who would like to talk more, please contact me at 208.207.6749. Thank You, Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts