Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get into some brookie fishing this summer when the trout streams are too warm...so I'm in the market for a 3 wt rod and a reel to match. I'd like a newer rod/reel, and would rather have the reel be a CC since it'll just be for brookies and small trout so a drag is not needed. As for the rod, anything under 8'6"...

Please let me know what you have, the condition, and the price! I will be making a decision in a few weeks, thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have sent you a PM.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking to get into some brookie fishing this summer when the trout streams are too warm...so I'm in the market for a 3 wt rod and a reel to match. I'd like a newer rod/reel, and would rather have the reel be a CC since it'll just be for brookies and small trout so a drag is not needed. As for the rod, anything under 8'6"...

Please let me know what you have, the condition, and the price! I will be making a decision in a few weeks, thanks!

Matt
Hi Matt,
I have for sale an Orvis Superfine Touch 7'6" 3wt, 4 piece fly rod in mint condition, including its sock and tube. I would like to get $350 for this rod due to its great condition.
For a fly reel, I could offer a Sage 3100 2/3 wt in mint condition. This is a very popular ultralight reel and it is silver/black. I would like to get $250 for this reel.
Let me know if you're interested.

Dean
[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Matt,

If you are interested in bamboo, I have a 6', 2 pc. 3 wt. Chris McDowell original. It has one tip and slide band reel seat over cork. The bamboo is flamed. I can take pics and send more info, should you have interest. It has been in my closet for too long. I also have more reels than I care to admit that pair well with this rod, ranging from older Made in US Pfluegers to Hardy made Orvis Battenkill click/pawl and a few in between.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Ryan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offers guys, but I'm in the midst of purchasing an outfit from a seller via PM. I was offered the exact rod/reel combo I was looking to buy new.....can't wait to get my hands on it in a few weeks! Tight lines!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts