Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fred,
Don't tease if your moving one of your stable on send me some Picts and information.
Thanks Lance

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Not to worry, got your PM

With rare exception I don't 'sell things.' And the last was a 'WTB' set of Dan B's 'StreamCleats.' Cost me more to mail the things that the fellow paid for same.

Rod I have was the #1 in the build. Bob pulled out all the stops when he crafted this Puppy. Lined same and fished with it once ... then the realization that you have a 'one off' hit me between the eyes. This is just that, a 'one off,' and if something happens ....

Rod's never seen water since. I just hold it and think back over its history, and Bob's Craftsmanship. Have two other rods that were #1's, one was actually named after me (another Miz). Local Spey 'Clave and took the rod down to the river and in a half dozen casts (Delta 7/8 line?) and I'd cleared the reel.

"Bob, what did this rod just cost me?"

Only one he had, the first of the first. But now mine.

That Puppy still see water on a regular basis; on the ready rod stack in the garage as I type.

Just an Old Guy thing, but its like looking at a print of an exceptional Painting .. or owning the original.

fae

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Top for the week, thanks for all the leads on the Loomis rod, if I can't find the Meiser this week I will pull the trigger on one of the Loomis Leads.
Thanks again Lance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts