Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not new to the fly, but am making the move to Spey, hence the recent status on the board. I am looking for a something in the 12'-13' 7 weight range that isn't too expensive while I figure out what I like. Echo gets good press, but I am open to suggestions.

The T&T stuff that flew off the shelf on another thread here was ideal, but I realize they were exceptional deals. This is not one of those "I want something for nothing" threads

Thanks

·
flailing less
490 Posts
I think beatle had one for sale a short while ago reasonably priced--a DH7130--you could PM him.

For what it's worth, many "learner" rods are set aside in favor of something perceived to be "better" while the beginner is still perfecting his craft, only to be picked up again later with a wholly new appreciation.

If you had the patience and opportunity to borrow several different set-ups and obtain some basic instruction it might pay great dividends.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have an echo TR 7130 I would sell for $175. Well used, in good condition. Also have a Ross CLA 6 in good condition for $150. Will make deal on the package. Happy searching!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what a ton of great response in short time. This place is great! I have pm'd JoshL on the TR7130. Read some great things about it last night.
Thanks to everyone for all the tips and offers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JoshL, for some reason my sent messages folder is empty, but I have pm'd you twice. If you haven't got them, just pm me. I am interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just got back to you. Will check shipping price at the post office this afternoon and get back to you this eve. Thanks!

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Echo DHII series

AKA: Decho series would be my recommendation. Being they have what is sometimes referred to as a "through" action, they are much more tolerant of less than perfect timing. A plus for those just getting into spey casting. Actually preferred by some. (like me) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts