Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I will look at these rods I would like to collect some opinions about T&T 1307, ARC 1287 and the new 13' LS2 wt.7.
I am looking for the rod which will be used mainly with shorter like WC, Airflo Delta, and intermediate or type 3 tip.
The water I plan to fish with a wt. 7 rod has, in most places, limited back-space preventing formation of an extended D-Loop.

Robert

·
Registered
646 Posts
After much of the same thought process and research I went with the T&T 1307. Pair this with a Rio Skagit 450 (thanks Bob Pauli!) plus the tip of your choice and you have exactly what you are looking for. Fishes beautifuly with a MidSpey 6/7 floater as well.
Chris

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have not spent much time with the TT but from what I remember it was a sweet rod. That said, I think the ARC 1287 is one of the best light/medium fishing tools ever made. (As an aside the Scott G 904 trout rod is my all time favorite fishing tool!!!) It has a somewhat soft tip but will throw short and long casts and short bellies and long bellies with ease! Depending on your casting preference (deep loading or light loading) it will handle a range of lines. Some prefer the Delta 6/7 while others prefer the 7/8. Same for the long DELTA. I would go with the lighter line if mainly used as a floating line and the heavier rating for tips I recently played around with the new Rio Skagit lines and it does well with both the 450 and 550 grain. For lighter tips and flies go with the lighter line. But if you want to throw heavy T14 tips and bar bell eyes the 550 grain line shines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts