Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Simon, aka, Spey Bro, I have a Rio Grand Spey 7/8 floating line tester.

If anyone would to test this great line, drop me an email.

I will mail it to the first person requesting it via email with their address this coming Monday. Then that lucky Speyer can check with Simon re what to do with it. I will include Rio's one sheet report for us to fill in and return to Simon. That is the least that we can do.

The line worked great on my 7141. High winds that beat down my Mid Spey 7/8 were defeated by this line. I now own the Grand Spey 7/8 with tips.

This a very heavy line, and I would not recommend it for traditional rods or Spey Rods that act like a wet noodle.

Thanks to Simon and Rio for all that they do for us!

In summary if you want to try this great line: "I will mail it to the first person requesting it via email with their address this coming Monday. Then that lucky Speyer can check with Simon re what to do with it. I will include Rio's one sheet report for us to fill in and return to Simon. That is the least that we can do."

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Grand Spey will be mailed to Smolt.

Smolt was the first to email me re Rio's Grand Spey 7/8 Floating test line. So it will be mailed to him next week.

Others wanting to test this line might want to contact Smolt.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
If memory serves? JD Jones may have more

of the GrandSpey test lines. He's in Texas until the new year, so bug him on the 31'st.
:smokin:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peter-s-c, smolt

Contact Smolt, and there should be no problem with you getting the line next.

It doesn't take long with the Grand Spey Tester lines to make a buy or no buy decision for each rod. A few Double Spey Casts or Snake Rolls will do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts