Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
topeti
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World Championship in Flycasting -standard flyfishing equipment - August 13. to 15. 2010 in Norway. This will be the first official Championship.
http://www.castingforbundet.no/
I am sure more info will come very soon, also in English.

196 days to go!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hei Knut,

Myself and Steve Rajeff are interested in the World Championship, wonder if you know all the competition rules well? Would you be able to show us the different competitions at Spey-O-Rama on Sunday afternoon ?

I think there may be other competitors from Japan, USA, who might also be interested to go....

Is there any registration fee for the competitions?
Is Friday a practice day ?

Best regards,
Donna

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Donna!

Of course I could tell you and Mr Rajeff about the rules and events of the World Championship. My English is not the best, so it has to be on an informal basis between us. Hopefully that will be okay.

The rules and events are based upon already existing competitions/events like SOR, JCA and CLA, so I think most will be familiar.

When it comes to registration fees, accomodation, transport, and so on, there will be more information about that on the internett page of the WC, within the end of March (at least thats what the International Casting Federation says). I will still try to get as much information as possible to bring with me to SOR.

We are looking forward to meet you in San Francisco in about a weeks time, and hopefully we will be able to practice a bit before the competition (here in Norway there has been meters of snow and ice, so we have not been able to practise until recently).

Best regards
Knut K. Ekelund

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Interesting to look at the photo/map below.

Here the competition will take place. If you want more information from the the area, please have a look at this link. http://www.valdres.no
It appears that there will be a separate competitions for 15 and 18 foot 2 handers? If so, comparing the results of the rods (3 foot is a lot) should be informative. Remember back several years ago when Dr. Way Yin took 3'rd place at the 'MUSTO' casting competition with a 15 footer viaing against fellows swinging 18's.

fae

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hei Knut,

Thanks a lot in for your help with understanding the rules for the World Championship!

Looking forward to meeting you next Wednesday!
After I meet you and Tommy at the airport, we can go straight to the ponds so you can start practicing.

Velkommen til San Francisco og Spey-O-Rama :)

Regards,
Donna

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Knut
Me and Russian Team are going to Fagernes, you know.
As for me I'm going to be over there at 9/10 th of August. Do you think it will be alowed to "try" that big(comparing to the SOR) pond and have some trainings? Both for single&doublehanded rods?

Donna and other SOR friends - I would be very glad to meet you in Norway!

BTW what the hotel most of the competitors are going to stay?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Alex,

So glad you and Russian team will be there, look forward to seeing you guys in August! :)

The Fagernes Hotel is where people are staying but I was told there are no more rooms left. You can check with them, and other hotels in the area by looking at the inviation PDF on the official website, link is listed in previous postings.

I was told there is no practicing on Friday and Saturday.

Steve Rajeff and Gene Oswald will also be competing.

Best regards,
Donna

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Donna!
But what I meant by asking about hotel is not to follow the mistake I made in Frisco. I stayed in Green Highway while most of the folks preffered Seal Rock Inn. As a result they have more fun...
But many thanks to Nobuo-San - I joined the good company later.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Alex,

I think most competitors are staying at Fagernes Hotel, and I will be.

Did you send in the registration form specifying what room you needed for the hotel and sent payment? If so, you would be staying at Fagernes Hotel as well.

Donna

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Donna!
But what I meant by asking about hotel is not to follow the mistake I made in Frisco. I stayed in Green Highway while most of the folks preffered Seal Rock Inn. As a result they have more fun...
But many thanks to Nobuo-San - I joined the good company later.

·
Registered
183 Posts
bonjour

World Championship in Flycasting 2010 - standard flyfishing equipment.

does it comprise categories ex : junior, senior & veteran ?

: )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts