Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
playing around with a few different styles
enjoy... any tips and comments welcome.

body is really lumpy here, tyed too fast.

tried on a higher, longer sitting wing on this one. don't think i like it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The only thing I'd like to see different is the iron choice, it's hard to get proportions on a spey hook right when the wing is so big... These should ass fish well and on the plus side the BH hooks are real fish stickers!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I'd like to see different is the iron choice, it's hard to get proportions on a spey hook right when the wing is so big... These should ass fish well and on the plus side the BH hooks are real fish stickers!
the top fly is on a bh, the rest are 1.5 Daiichi that i cut down to fit the fly. i haven't decided whether i like doing this for full dress style flies or not yet. my 1.5's are usually used for my dee's. i plan on stripping down the bh and tying a spey on it since that is what they are for. oh... and the herl head fly is a 2051. i'm learn'n slowly but surely.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I like the profile on that herl head with the peacock...sn-assy...I mean, snazzy:saeek: I dont think "ass fish" is what you think it should mean, Josh. :saevilw: Just kidding. I'll stop...it's 4 in the morning. Sorry for the offense.:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts