Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish there was a bunch of 4 weight Spey rods to choose from. That throw a full floating line even a 4/5 would be great. Just my rant sorry guys.

·
Registered
207 Posts
wishing

Both Bob and Gary have several 4 wt Speys and usually they throw in a grain matched line of the anglers choice that I make. SPG

·
Registered
153 Posts
Echo, Winston, and Sage to name a few more. How well they do with a full floater I don't know, but I assume just fine in capable hands.

briansII

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have a new addition..... But......

I guess I will have to look into Anderson,or Meiser this year. Maybe one of each since the Decho 4 weight is a needle in a hay stack. I did just acquire a Beaulah 11'7" 5 weight Platinum Spey, I will need a full floating line,and a Ross Canyon #3 spool or a #4 reel if the 3 doesn't work.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I guess I will have to look into Anderson,or Meiser this year. Maybe one of each since the Decho 4 weight is a needle in a hay stack. I did just acquire a Beaulah 11'7" 5 weight Platinum Spey, I will need a full floating line,and a Ross Canyon #3 spool or a #4 reel if the 3 doesn't work.
For the line, Steve Godshall, is 'DA MAN!' SGS here or he builds his lines 10 feet from where Bob M is building his custom rods. Be prepared for a 'long conversation' as he takes you through the 'who/what/where/when/casting style/etc. (All that stuff gets put into a computer file so you only have to do that once.) The rod he already has dialed in, its 'you' that he needs to dial.

All of his lines are a 'one off' for the rod/caster. :smokin: All but two of my rods have his lines; the two that don't haven't seen water time in years. No point I guess?

fae

·
Registered
909 Posts
For the line, Steve Godshall, is 'DA MAN!' SGS here or he builds his lines 10 feet from where Bob M is building his custom rods. Be prepared for a 'long conversation' as he takes you through the 'who/what/where/when/casting style/etc. (All that stuff gets put into a computer file so you only have to do that once.) The rod he already has dialed in, its 'you' that he needs to dial.

All of his lines are a 'one off' for the rod/caster. :smokin: All but two of my rods have his lines; the two that don't haven't seen water time in years. No point I guess?

fae
Steve Makes a Fine rod to go with those lines as well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts