Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any WI, or even Midwest, spey claves in the works? I'm looking for the opportunity to try different rods and lines all at the same place so a clave sounds like the ticket, as most shops don't have demos for spey stuff where I live. Thanks!

TM

J

·
0 Posts
Rob Estlund, a member of this board, used to run an event called Spey Days on the Milwaukee River. The first of those predated even the first Sandy River Clave in Oregon. Maybe he'll jump in here and explain why he didn't continue with them, but it could be because they really are a lot of work. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would attend one of these as Rob was getting close to forty guys several years ago. It'd be fun to do one again, but I'm too busy to even think about organizing one. I'll help give it publicity if anyone wants to actually be the organizer.

Otherwise, there is a Great Lakes Clave scheduled for the Muskegon River in Michigan for some time in April. Keep an eye on this board and the Great Lakes Steelhead board because mjyp should be making an announcement on the date quite soon.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great Lakes Clave

The Great Lakes Clave Will be held on the 16th and 17 th of April 2005 , On the Muskegon River at Henning Park in Newago, At the moment both Andy Murray and Neil Houlding will be doing Speycasting demonstrations, I also hope to have some flytiers and other items of interest, It is still in the planning stages but ithe dates are firm.If you have any ideas or comments please contact me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts