Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is a fairly faithful take on Bill McMillan's Winter's Hope. This pattern is just so simple and clean in design that it's impossible not to enjoy tying it. Plus, how can you not have confidence in a fly with that name? Tied on a Partridge heavy wire iron with bucktail for the topping.

Cheers,
Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely. Well done.

I just recently tied a few for the first time and fished them. First time out the fly was eaten twice. Yesterday I hooked a nice steelhead on the retrieve, stripping the running line in to recast. I have so much confidence in this pattern now!

Nate
Thanks Nate!

Oh man, all sorts of jealousy over here! I really love everything about this pattern, happy to hear it's working for you too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I truly appreciate all the kind feedback guys. One fly at a time, my box is getting close to full! Thanks for all the inspiration.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really sure what style you'd call this, but here's a Winter's Hope inspired tie that the above fly inspired. Body is embossed silver tinsel, with blue schlappen body hackle, purple schlappen and purple teal collar, with the yellow and orange strip wing. Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts