Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good spots this time of year for winter steelies within around a 2 hour drive? I don't own a boat, so there would have to be good bank access.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Cowlitz around Blue Creek is closest to you. SF Toutle. Wynoochee. I only know of one spot to fly fish on the Chehalis River, and I need a boat to get to it.

Good luck.

Sg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winter steelhead fly fishing

Thanks for the help. I'll check those rivers out. I'll probably be heading out there end of Jan or end of Feb.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"Combat fishing at its finest.''

Cowlitz around Blue Creek is closest to you. SF Toutle. Wynoochee. I only know of one spot to fly fish on the Chehalis River, and I need a boat to get to it.

Good luck.

Sg
Been years since I've fished 'The Cow,' would be interesting to see what public (little?) access is left. Ditto the Toutle.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Fred,

There is very little access to the Cowlitz River, so a boat is the best way to get away from the crowd. Although there are times, usually weekdays, when a fisherman can find space to fish at Blue Creek.

Jaycle,

The Wynoochee gets better beginning in late January and into February, so your timing might be just right.

Sg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts