Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to sell the tying items together. All of the feather have not been used:
3 metz necks grade 3
8 other necks

no name/homebrew vise

around 50 ring tail pheasant tail feathers
around 40-50 red, orange and green ring tail pheasant tail feathers
gray bird skin I'm not sure what this is- full skin
Hooks- Tiemco, tmc 100, size 20 about 40-50 count
Daiichi- 1110 size 22 about 25-30 count
Loon Uv kit, uv wader repair and uv knot sense- no light, but not used

Cortland LTD Graphite 60 reel and 2 spools. This was my ultralightweight backpacking reel. Seen use, but lots of life left- $50

$180 obo for the tying 10% going to CCA
Thanks!
Ben

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
That is a Hungarian Partridge skin. Since almost all fly tyers buy Hungarian Partridge in packages of loose feathers, whether the very small 1/16 oz or slightly larger 1/8 oz found in most fly shops, or it is the 1oz or larger "bulk" bags, very, very few tyers have ever seen or bought a full skin; therefore, most don't know what one looks like.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That is a Hungarian Partridge skin. Since almost all fly tyers buy Hungarian Partridge in packages of loose feathers, whether the very small 1/16 oz or slightly larger 1/8 oz found in most fly shops, or it is the 1oz or larger "bulk" bags, very, very few tyers have ever seen or bought a full skin; therefore, most don't know what one looks like.
Nope I have shot enough Huns to ID them they have much more mottled feather more like a ruffed grouse but smaller.

Pretty sure it is a hen California Quail.

Grant

·
Registered
302 Posts
put a lot of huns chukar and valley and gambel quail in my game vest…gambel quail hen..check the reporter link above and go to the hen under gambles…the flank feather should easily confirm it to doubters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts