Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
flytie09
1,342 Posts
Both equally luxurious. Like being ensconced in velvet. Ahhhhhhhh…….Bill would think the same I’m sure. Maybe not the velvet part.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice!! Hackle wing flies are quickly becoming my favorite traditionals. Winter's Hope is an icon, as is its creator. You've done phenomenal work with your variants. I normally like hen neck for my collar but that marabou looks delicious. Perfect length too by the way! Do you tie any other hackle wing patterns?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!! Notaspey: I do tie lots of hackle tip wing flies yes. Not so much lately, but they are always fun!
Nice!! Hackle wing flies are quickly becoming my favorite traditionals. Winter's Hope is an icon, as is its creator. You've done phenomenal work with your variants. I normally like hen neck for my collar but that marabou looks delicious. Perfect length too by the way! Do you tie any other hackle wing patterns?
Top shelf as always!!

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like tying the standard Winter's Hope in some darker colors as well...adding black, purple, blue and magenta in the mix with opal tinsel over silver for the body...gives the steelies the munchies on cloudy January days :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts