Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple Winston 15' rods for sale.
Both are in outstanding condition and come with original sock and rod tube...
Hard to tell by looking at these if they have ever been fished...
can send pics to serious buyers.
includes shipping to lower 48 only

1) 15' 4pc 10 wt with Maple seat 9.5 oz, $300

2) 15' 5pc 7/8 Derek Brown Special, Maple seat, 12.5 oz $425

·
Registered
181 Posts
Whoever got the 7/8 DBF got one helluva nice rod. I had one for many years and used it on the Snake and Clearwater with decent success. For me, it seemed to cast well with an Airflo Delta 8/9. The trick with that rod is to make sure you have enough line out and to let the rod do the work. Be quick and crisp when moving between strokes and don't go beyond 11:00 at the firing position. You will have a lot of fun with the DBF, but be advised, don't over do it or you'll be looking for a physical therapist. Good luck!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dbf...

Whoever got the 7/8 DBF got one helluva nice rod. I had one for many years and used it on the Snake and Clearwater with decent success. For me, it seemed to cast well with an Airflo Delta 8/9. The trick with that rod is to make sure you have enough line out and to let the rod do the work. Be quick and crisp when moving between strokes and don't go beyond 11:00 at the firing position. You will have a lot of fun with the DBF, but be advised, don't over do it or you'll be looking for a physical therapist. Good luck!

Great rod. Love my 8/9 and rocksteady totally hit the nail on the head with this rod-let it do the work for you! Throws anything I put on it...
Tight lines,
Tom

·
Formerly Wintershope
211 Posts
I was the lucky buyer. I tested out yesterday with a Nextcast WA 8/9 55. It was great. I see what you mean about the high stop point and allowing the rod to deliver the cast. It doesn’t seem heavy at all with a reel that balances it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good deal. Often I wish I would have kept mine. But, I eventually replaced it with a Burkheimer 8152, also not too shabby a stick. It really sucks having problems like these, but hey, somebody's got to do it...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winston 15' 10wt

Anyone have/use this Vintage Winston 15' 10wt rod and can make any line recommendations?
When I got it, was all windcutters....what current lines would be worth trying?
Would this be a good rod for Kings?
thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts