Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about Winston & Derek Brown Rods - is this a going concern for the long term.

There have been published reviews. Is there anyone who uses this rod series on a semi-frequent basis and can offer an opinion ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Derek Brown Favorite Rods

I'm happy with the DBFs. I bought the #8/9 two years ago using a Windcutter. Then my wife bought me the #7/8 for my B'day and I'm using the RIO Accelerator. Also found the #9/10 in Cyberspace and am using the RIO Windutter/Upgrade with good success. Last season, I took a 1-day with Derek Brown, through Kaufmanns. It was well worth it. I don't know the names of all of the casts, but just know how to get line out and the hook in the water. No matter how elegant and/or pretty the casts are, it is the hook in the water that matters.
Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Derek Brown Favorite Rods

I'm happy with the DBFs. I bought the #8/9 two years ago using a Windcutter. Then my wife bought me the #7/8 for my B'day and I'm using the RIO Accelerator. Also found the #9/10 in Cyberspace and am using the RIO Windutter/Upgrade with good success. Last season, I took a 1-day with Derek Brown, through Kaufmanns. It was well worth it. I don't know the names of all of the casts, but just know how to get line out and the hook in the water. No matter how elegant and/or pretty the casts are, it is the hook in the water that matters.
Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts