Spey Pages banner

Winston BIIX 13' 3" 7/8 Weight $350 Used Condition

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  V-Loop 
#1 · (Edited)
It bears repeating that this rod has been used. Last February, I returned it to Winston for reconditioning and inspection. The rod passed inspection. The grips and reel seat were replaced. Last April, Robert Meiser slimmed the grips down for me. The shape was kept to the original.

The good: has the new reel seat and new cork. Rod is structurally sound, perfectly serviceable.

The bad: the blank has some scratches, scuffs, battle scars, character marks, ect. The worst of the bunch I tried my best to display in a photo below. It's on section 2 of 4. Also, all three male ferrules have some dirt and grit scratches. I pictured the male ferrules. Tube has a few chips and scratches.

A great rod that still has many years of use in her. Buyer pays exact shipping.

I prefer a money order or check, but will do PayPal if buyer covers the fee (http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm). Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
(with buying rods I don't need) PM Sent...
My name is Trevor, and I am a speydict. The 10 step program works for spey rods, Trevor.

#14 ·
Ahhh... I feel much better now.

The cravings have subsided for the moment.

Lately though, I've been thinking about lines a lot, lines I don't have yet. It may be affecting my sleep. It has certainly been distracting at work. Must call Poppy soon...

Thanks goes to Andy (V-Loop) for the rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.