Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It bears repeating that this rod has been used. Last February, I returned it to Winston for reconditioning and inspection. The rod passed inspection. The grips and reel seat were replaced. Last April, Robert Meiser slimmed the grips down for me. The shape was kept to the original.

The good: has the new reel seat and new cork. Rod is structurally sound, perfectly serviceable.

The bad: the blank has some scratches, scuffs, battle scars, character marks, ect. The worst of the bunch I tried my best to display in a photo below. It's on section 2 of 4. Also, all three male ferrules have some dirt and grit scratches. I pictured the male ferrules. Tube has a few chips and scratches.

A great rod that still has many years of use in her. Buyer pays exact shipping.

I prefer a money order or check, but will do PayPal if buyer covers the fee (http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm). Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Still casts beautifully. I've been amazed how beefy (thick wall structure) yet lightweight and lively this rod is. Truly a gem. Priced for quick sale.

·
Mount Shasta Paranormal
385 Posts
Still my favorite spey rod of all times.
I hope you have another one.
DH

·
Registered
860 Posts
(with buying rods I don't need) PM Sent...
My name is Trevor, and I am a speydict. The 10 step program works for spey rods, Trevor.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
speyaddict

My name is Trevor, and I am a speydict. The 10 step program works for spey rods, Trevor.
  1. I want this rod.
  2. I don't really need this rod.
  3. But I want it anyway.
  4. The money could be put to better use on something else.
  5. Damn thats a good deal on that rod.
  6. What would I have to sacrifice for the price of this rod?
  7. How do I hide the purchase of this new toy?
  8. Maybe someone else will grab it and relieve of of having to make the decision.
Bingo! Eight steps and I'm safe. Until the next time. :hihi:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ahhh... I feel much better now.

The cravings have subsided for the moment.

Lately though, I've been thinking about lines a lot, lines I don't have yet. It may be affecting my sleep. It has certainly been distracting at work. Must call Poppy soon...

Thanks goes to Andy (V-Loop) for the rod.

·
Mount Shasta Paranormal
385 Posts
WIN BIIx 7/8

Lines? Well here's a few to consider....
Airflo Delta 7/8 F
Airflo Compact Scandi 450g
Airflo Compact Skagit 510g or 540g
Vision 8/9 cut by DA
Rio AFS 7/8 F & I
CND GPS 7/8

·
Walt-Barney
2 Posts
Winston Rod

I am interested in purchasing rod. Paypal is ok. I am new at speypages. Please sent purchase format or call me.John(2509541721) Vancouver Islander.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts