Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellas have any opinions on the 6126 versus the 6116. Im going to get one of them and am just curious if the 6116 is a bit to switchy in action. I know the 6126 is a sweetheart of a rod. The grain windows are similar. Id strictly be swinging with both. Itd be used for summer rivers of all sizes but mostly the trinity and would find alot of use on small to medium winter rivers. Any opinions?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the BIII-TH 6126, and this rod rocks! Throws everything! I like a 450gr Skagit/425gr Scandi, but I can cast everything up to 510gr easily. One of the few rods I have owned that is not too picky on line wt. It almost makes me want to sell the rest of my rods and replace them with Winston BIII-th's!!! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enbed up with the 6126 and have no regrets. Ive cast it with a 475 max short and a 480 airflo skagit compact. Both were nice. By sswitchy, i meant that some switch rods tend to have more of a single hander action and tend to work better for throwing nymph rigs And not so much for spey casting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the BIII-TH 6126, and this rod rocks! Throws everything! I like a 450gr Skagit/425gr Scandi, but I can cast everything up to 510gr easily. One of the few rods I have owned that is not too picky on line wt. It almost makes me want to sell the rest of my rods and replace them with Winston BIII-th's!!! :D
I really like my Winston 7133 and 8136 BIIIx TH rods!! I also own the 11' BIIx Switch rod, and I now relegate it to trout fishing, as fighting anything over about a 25" steelhead bends that thing to the cork!! I've also broke the 11 footer twice. No such problems with the BIIIX rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.