Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone have one of the 5wt Winston Microspeys?
Wondering what you guys are running for lines on it and has anyone tried a longer belly spey line (30-35')
Mostly swinging streamers and nymphs for trout in bigger water.

Thanks,
Stalefish

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have 12.6 5 wt Meiser swing SG scandoid on Co. (Lees Ferry) also SG sinking skagit heads ( flows 8k to 20k cfs.)...too easy to work with Steve one stop and you are dialed in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys, anyone have one of the 5wt Winston Microspeys?
Wondering what you guys are running for lines on it and has anyone tried a longer belly spey line (30-35')
Mostly swinging streamers and nymphs for trout in bigger water.

Thanks,
Stalefish
Hey Stalefish,
I really like the Airflo Skagit Scout 360 with 10’-15’ RIO replacement tips in 8wt and RIO Scandi short 300 with 10’ polyleader (floating).

Trident

·
newcomer to spey casting
199 Posts
I fish a 4 wt Winston BIII TH 11' Microspey ❤ which does great with a Rio Scandi Body shooting head almost at top of it's grain window (325 gr Scandi Body with 330 as top of grain window for the 4 wt as per Winston). Based on this, I strongly recommend trying a 375 gr Rio Scandi Body for the 5 wt. I'm a recent beginner heading into the intermediate level for casting. That Scandi body does a great job. If I need Skagit I use a 275 gr Commando. Since I love that 4 wt so much I should really spoil it with some Steve Godshall lines... So far the Scandi body has done all I have asked of it with great results. I wish you the same joy I get from my Winston, which would be my desert island rod if there is such a thing as a desert island with good trout spey rivers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts