Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a design, or know where to buy a product that attaches a factory fly line spool to an electric drill? I am wasting time hand winding lines back on original spools.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Bob,

You could try a trick I used in my rod builging days. I used this for securing the blank to my lathe. For a line spool, get a piece of hose (rubber fuel line or clear tubing) that just fits through the hole in the spool. Then you need a long bolt (a left hand thread is preferable - but right hand does work), slide the hose/tubing over the bolt, thread a washer and nut on, tighten the nut until it "bulges" the hose/tubing enough to grip the spool. Now chuck it into your drill and away you go :) .

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I use a 1/4"X3" machine screw (threads all the way) with 2 fender washers and a 1/4" nut. Run the bolt through the center with a fender washer on each side of the spool, finger tighten the nut and stick the remaining threads in the drill. This is one of the pieces of "high tech" equipment I use everyday.

Simular to Kush's method, just not quite as fancy.:smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.