Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i casted one of these spey lines on my 13 ft 6 lami in 8/9/10 and 9/10/11 on my 14 ft 6 at kaufman spey days with george cook. it seemed to cast very well on these rods. can you use these lines with polyleaders instead of buying a versi tip. i have 2 kids to take care of so cant afford to spend 250.00 on two spey lines. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as i am a rookie to spey rods even though ive casted these rods more than a few times and i am getting better every time out.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Scott-
Purchase the straight floaters, cut and loop...you shouldn't have an issue using one set of tips for both rods...

To see my opinions on Polyleaders...look a little ways down in the Tackle Forum. Polyleaders have their place but IMHO, they do not fish as well as standard tips under certain condtions.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I agree with Ryan. Get the standard full, uncut lines in both sizes and then buy 9 wt tips in types 3 and 6 to use with both lines. Later on, add the type 8 tip to your sink tip arsenal, since we are getting into late winter/spring fishing, there won't be much of a need for the type 8 until next winter. Cut the lines 15 ft to 15 1/2 ft from the tip and put in loops (a search for line loops will provide you with a motherload of info on how to do this). This way you will have less than $200.00 invested and have lines and tips for both rods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts