Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a 5/6 Windcutter on my Sage 5120, purchased at the beginning of 2003. I gather from various posts that there are "new" and "old" Windcutter 5/6's.

What is the difference between the new and old versions and how can I tell which one I have?

JimC

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Hi Jim

The new 5/6 has been lengthened so that the head is now 48 ft, instead of 42'. It is also 360 grains instead of 330.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the color. If the line is all yellow it is the old model, if it has the green running line it is the new model.

Hope this helps and thanks for buying the line.

Regards
Simon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Simon

Thanks for the reply, I do have the yellow and green version so it is the new longer belly line.

Is there anything in the works for a longer belly light spey, like a MidSpey 5/6?

Jim

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
I can't tell you about the future plans as walls have ears................ .:devil:

Just kidding, no nothing like that. No plans for a longer 5/6. As a matter of interest, though, the RIO steelhead taper WF7F has a head length of 59 feet that weighs about the same as the 5/6 WindCutter. This is a good choice if you want a longer head line.

All the best
Simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts