Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taping up the 14'3" 7/8 solstice riverside this morning, and gave it the old wag test. Very funny thing. When you wag it aggresively unlined it looks like a noodle. Bends down to the cork. When you have it lined up and are casting it however, it doesn't feel, look, or act that way at all. First time I've seen a rod that behaves so much differently than you would think it does from its "showroom" performance. Granted I'm using a lighter line (624 grains at 78 feet) than most, but I'm not so sure that explains things.

Anybody else notice this?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
You are smoking too much of the sweet leaf:smokin:

That thing bends down to the cork whether you realize it or not. Just has a fast recovery which makes it feel faster when casting. Have Aaron take some video of you casting the rod and you will see the cork bend.

-sean

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cough! Cough! Cough!

Daa Daa, Da Da Daa, Da Daa Da
Daa Daa, Da Da Daa, Da Daa Da

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hahaha

the sweet leaf,,,too much!hahaha,i wagged one next to another older rod of unmentionable origin,i know what the `unmentionable' is capable of ,don't kid yourself!,just load it and fire,i doubt the rod would have went into production if it wasn't great,some rods just have a feel/action that,well,might feel noodly in the parking lot,get out of the parking lot!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts