Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
-A(nother) fly box. Wheatley Slimline for the classics, or Plan D for the modern.
-Swing the Fly subscription/Anthology
-Fly shop gift card
-Framed/matted photo and fly
-Various fly fishing stickers to stick on coolers/vehicles/boats/forehead
-Warm clothes

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hall pass! 2-3-4 or whatever number of free days to go where you want and fish as long as you want - even if it's just a half hour from home.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A second vote for a rugged folding wading staff, "Riverstick" by Herkileez (on this board). Great product and great follow-up service, too. I like my existing one so much that I've made a note to buy a second one for my guests to use.

35 years' marital experience tells me that there's a fundamental power asymmetry when it comes to bargaining with wives/GFs regarding gifts/quid pro quos. One of the more recent transactions that comes to mind is a BC buddy who negotiated for a new pedigree bird dog and ended up remodeling his wife's kitchen at a 1-to-6 dollar ratio. (Al figures he got his dog more or less on budget for a shade under forty grand, all-in.)

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A second vote for a rugged folding wading staff, "Riverstick" by Herkileez (on this board). Great product and great follow-up service, too. I like my existing one so much that I've made a note to buy a second one for my guests to use.

35 years' marital experience tells me that there's a fundamental power asymmetry when it comes to bargaining with wives/GFs regarding gifts/quid pro quos. One of the more recent transactions that comes to mind is a BC buddy who negotiated for a new pedigree bird dog and ended up remodeling his wife's kitchen at a 1-to-6 dollar ratio. (Al figures he got his dog more or less on budget for a shade under forty grand, all-in.)
Funny you mention this. I just bought my wife a new car. May be the reason behind her asking this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts