Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who was going to Mark Bachmann’s Sandy River Speyclave..
This is the Woodstock of Speyclave Hosted by One Hell of a good Guy with of
course Bob Larsell and Laura Coblentz will be back with their famous hospitality trailer.
Being high on agenda of things to do I can heartily recommend this to The new Speycaster and as well as the seasoned vet.

This is the place to be.
:smokin:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
This year it's going to be very unpopular with all the powers that be in my life timing wise... but I will definitely be there! If I didn't go, that would just make them even more powerful as I see it :lildevl:

I look forward to seeing you all there.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Managed to get a great deal on some airline tickets so I'm making the long trip out west. Very excited :D :D :D .

I've been holding off on increasing the arsenal until I got the chance to come out and play. I'm not sure my wife realizes the larger repercusions of letting me go :devil: :devil: .

Gillie

·
Registered
599 Posts
Camping there

I'll be there as usual about five days prior to the clave dates camping and fishing around the park. It's a great time to camp as almost no one is there and with the gates locked until 6:30 you can get in some quality fishing prior to any other fishermen and boats arriving.

I'll be in the 20 ft Nomad travel trailer with my white dodge pickup parked with the trailer.

See all you Washington folks there. Suggest you camp as much as possible on the south side of the loop you were in last time to avoid the old lady (you know what I mean).

Best,

Ray Phelps :smokin:

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
rphelps said:
Suggest you camp as much as possible on the south side of the loop you were in last time to avoid the old lady (you know what I mean).

Best,

Ray Phelps :smokin:
She was bad, last year was something else :Eyecrazy:

·
loco alto!
2,975 Posts
Every past year I've only been able to attend for part of a day, nearly all of it spent casting rods. Working on family arrangements this time around to allow for more socializing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wouldn't miss it! It's been on the calendar for months...

Three Koran speycasters will be there. Probably 2 per day again, with my wife Carol visiting for a spell if I am lucky.

I am always inspired and I pick up something that instantly helps me. Plus, I really look forward to trying a variety of rods. I just wish I had the budget for more toys...

Hopefully I can meet many more of you this year. Last year was the first time I met more than one or two people. (It will be interesting to see if Fred Evans remembers that he has previously met me--3 times. :lildevl: Of course, knowing my son, he could forget the help he got from Aaron last year, so I better take steps to remind him!)

--Bill

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I'm planning on being there, if only for one day.

Besides, where else can you get to meet so many other "spey folks" gathered in one place?

Juro,

Is the 16' Solstice going to make it to the clave. I've wanted to cast it since you told me about it last September.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Bob -

Thanks for the vote of manhood! And as soon as I get out of this damn doghouse I am gonna... :rolleyes:

Flytyer -

The 16 was at Speydays but I guess we were too busy messin' with other rods. I'm sure Kush will bring his collection of Big and Tall rods :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nametags any one?

May I make a suggestion to wear our Speypages names so we can identify each other. Many know everyone, some know a few. It would be nice to match faces and Speypages name. I'll be there. Klem

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Damnit. Just found out I leave on the 14th to go fish stripers on Cape Cod. Will be thinking about you all while drinking gin and tonics and releasing grande bass :smokin:

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Planning to be there

with the wife to try out some of Bob meiser's new toys, visit with friends, and try to catch a steelhead.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Juro,

Sorry I wasn't aware the 16' Solstice was at K-Days, but then again, I was out casting rods others were putting into my hands and visiting with most of the folks I know. I did like the 15'2" Solstice with the prototype 6/7 XLT Way had there and the Carron tournament line you spoke to me about when we visited was nice on the Salar.

The only problem many of us have at a clave is the number of people we know who are there keeps us busy visiting and bs'ing instead of casting. It is a nice problem to have.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,357 Posts
I'm also planning on one or two days. Kevin, since we live close to one another, if I pay half the materials, can you build it big enough for two? :smokin:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Sinktip,

Surely a man of your virtues wouldn't be in need of a doghouse since you would never do anything to be in same with your wife. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts