Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new on this forum (sorry for my aproximate english i'm french) and new in spey casting.
I began last year on a BC fishing trip with a loomis alta stinger 12'6" #8/9 but the cork broke on the third day (warranty probleme). I use the warranty to the shop I buyed it and they chance this on other stuff because I was having to comme home in France.
i was really frustrate because I loved this rod and it was my first twe handed and the first to take salmon for me.:confused: Impossible to found it in france or with 2 month time and very expencive (like 600$). I was really bad!!!
Two weeks ago my wife came back home with a supprise she said!
She gave me a rod tube whith a rod in:whoa: . it is a Loop blue line 15'#10.:Eyecrazy:
My question is: which line can I use on this rod

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Welcome to the board.

You can use the search function for a lot of the information you might want. RIO's latest recommendations are at http://www.rioproducts.com/photos/file/2007 Spey line recs1.pdf. Simon recommends
Skagit flt800 gr
Skagit 700 gr + 10 ft cheater + tip
WC - A - 9/10/11
WC - B - 10/11/12
MS - A - 9/10
MS - B - 10/11
GS - A - 9/10
GS - B - 10/11

Those will get you in the right ballpark with respect to length and weight line you want to use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thanks for our answer
What is the difference betwenn WCA & B, MS A& B...?:D
I dont know the carron jetstream 75ft 10/11.:confused:
a+

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
RIO Designations

The A and B designations are RIO's way of recommending lines for more experienced/like lighter load on the rod for A. New casters and those that like a deeper load on the rod typically prefer the B designation.

Of course, it is always best to cast the lines on your rod, but these will get you started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts