Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Very interested in the Guidleine P/Taper heads discussion but... I have a Redington 15'- 10/11wt loads well for me-with XLT 8/9 and older Airflo Speycaster 12 wt 990 and 1050 grains respectivley on my scale. Just wondering which Guideline P/Taper( equiv to 4" per sec approx sink rate) would fit. Also do they come with running line and if not what is recommended?

Will

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Power tapers

With the shorter head and a full sink you can probably get away with something in the 800 grain range, the 11/12 is 840 at 14 meters. If you try that and the weight is way off I am happy to take it back. The density compensated sink3/4 is probably right up your alley.

Also depends if you plan to run a sink tip or poly leaders. As poly weight in at about 30 grains they do not add a lot of weight. A sink tip would add 100 grains or so, depending on what it is.

These are temporarily not on my site but you can email, [email protected], and I can take care of the order

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.