Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which Carron line do I have?

Purchased April 2005
All blue
Head length measures 77 feet
Head weighs 885 grains on digital scale
Container says "Jetstream Floating Line"
Sticker for reel says "Jetsteam Floating 11/12"

This was purchased specifically for a T&T 1611-3, but does not load it properly. It does load a T&T 1510-3 well.

The Carron line guru at San Francisco's Golden Gate Angling & Casting Club says a line labeled as above should weigh 931 grains.

An inquiry for information about line name vs. head length and weight was sent to Carron, without reply.

Thanks for your help.

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Hi Bob,

You have the 11/12. Carron head weights vary. I have seen 10/11's from 740-830 grains.

·
Registered
630 Posts
That is very close in grains to what my 11/12 carron 75'head weighs. I am pretty darn sure thats the one you have.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Apologies to Carron

My post indicated that a request to Carron for information was unanswered. After receiving a gentle Scottish note [ouch!] that my request was not received, a search of my e-mails showed the request was sitting in a 'messages to be sent' box.

Most sincere apologies to you Gwyneth. My grandmother Ferguson would be ashamed of me.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bob

Following is an answer Gwyneth posted a while back:

The Carron Jetstream 9/10 floating line, is 50 yards or 150 feet in total length, it has a 65 foot head length and weighs 771 grains. Light blue in colour.

The Carron Jetstream 10/11 floating line is the same overall length, with a 75 foot head length, weighs 833 grains, and again is light blue in colour.

The Carron Jetstream Long Belly 10/11 floating line, is 50 yards or 150 feet in total length with a head length of 85 feet. This line is light grey in colour and weighs 895 grains.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts