Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some time betweek quarters the third week of March. Where should I think about going? I live in Walla Walla, WA and want to steelhead fish. The usual place to think about would be the Sky, Stilly, and Skagit. The reports on the Board do not sound too good, so should I think of Southern OR or the Olympic peninsula? Suggestions on flies would be appreciated. I have the rods and lines.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Wrong direction!

All kidding aside, March/April are the top of the winter steelhead runs for the upper Rogue River. With the low flows we've got it's more likely to be 'on target.' Fish when they come up the system this year are going to be coming like a freight train into the upper river.

As Medford sits in the middle of the top 60 miles of river you've got a lot of choices as to where to fish, tons of open public access ... and better yet (again, no kidding) darned few folks actually fishing for same.

Jackson/Josephine Counties have the total population of a small city in Kansas. (Yes, this where 'Toto' comes to visit.)

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Ted,

The Sky and Stilly will be closed down March 1st. Oly Pen, Skagit, Sauk or
Sandy in OR.

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Ted
Just wait and make that decision later you never now whats going to happen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts