Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Broken Down Spey Freak
Loop Tackle. I've used the 15 and 17' leaders and love them. Not sure what Poppy carries but everything else I've been able to find were 12' maximum.

I just checked. Loop is out of the 15' but has the 17'. Same price $7.50cad

Registered
RIO makes some, I think. I use their 12' leaders and add a couple feet of tippet.

Laird of Locharber
Being Rio stopped making 15ft Steelhead / Salmo leaders some time back, I started using Rio Saltwater 50lb 0.027" tippet & adding 3' to the butt of the 12' leader. It can be loop 2 loop or knotted to gain the extra length.

Broken Down Spey Freak
These are the ones I mentioned. I usually get some 15' as well but they seem to be out. These can easily be cut back if needed.

Registered
I tied my own now, but WW Doak tied some nice long salmon leaders that I used and would still use (if I did not tie my own)
Jerry gave me one of his first 15 footers (he laughed when he said, "don't tell anybody I gave you one...no one will believe you."), I copied it and it has been my go-to ever since. Maxima chameleon.
Gary

Registered
Where in Canada can you order these from?

I normally use Airflo Copolymer 15' 0X leaders and add tippet, but none of my usual sources have any in stock this year, and I've got a salmon trip looming in a month.

These are the ones I mentioned. I usually get some 15' as well but they seem to be out. These can easily be cut back if needed.
View attachment 381469

Broken Down Spey Freak
Loop Tackle. Just make sure your in the Canadian site. They ship from Quebec. Takes 4-5 days.

This might be breaking the forum rules but here is goes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts